We would like to thank our sponsors, volunteers, patrons and friends for their generosity, support and help to make our second annual Wine and Beer tasting event a success. With your help, we are now in a position to be able to help children in need get the limbs they need to get moving! We’re actively accepting applications, please help us get the word out!
Tickets are $35 and can be purchased by clicking on the Donate button below. In the comments area, please include the following information:
- Name (first and last)
- number of tickets
- preference – do you want the tickets snail-mailed or available at “will call”
Or you can send a check to:
This gallery contains 9 photos.
Thank you to these amazing wineries and breweries for joining us on October 10th! Come on out and have a taste!
First off – mark your calendars for unLIMBited’s 2nd Annual Fall Celebration Wine & Beverage tasting event. This event is tentatively scheduled for Friday, September 19th at UB’s Center for the Arts. We’d love to see you there!
Secondly, we wish to extend a gigantic thank you to Kate Kivinen, Clay Case, Joe Gelose and the entire Student Physical Therapy Association at Daemen College. They held a beautiful Gala to support unLIMBited. Thank you all that you have done!
In case you were not aware, April is Limb Loss Awareness month. Here are some interesting things going on in the Limb Loss Community…
- Amy Purdy – if you have never heard of her, please Google her immediately. She is a double, below the knee amputee, an olympic bronze medalist for snowboarding and a contender on Dancing with the Stars this season. She has also co-founded Adaptive Action Sports, given a TED talk about overcoming obstacles and is just an inspiration. You can find her on DWTS, on Twitter @AmyPurdyGurl.
- MIT’s Media Lab – the brilliant minds at MIT are working on some groundbreaking Bionics. See their TED talk on Bionic possibilities
- Family Fun – Dolphin Tale 2 is coming out September 19th. It’s the story of a dolphin with a prosthetic tail. It’s great for children and families alike.
- Reminder - use http:smile.amazon.com for all of your amazon shopping needs to continue to support unLIMBited
For all of you Amazon shoppers, use Amazon Smile and they will make a donation to unLIMBited. http://smile.amazon.com/about
Come join us! Tickets are $35 and can be purchased here click on the link below to donate. 100% of the donations go toward funding prosthesis for deserving children.
Or you can send a check to:
We are excited to plan our first fundraiser, a wine / beer tasting event to be held in the Fall of 2013. We are finalizing dates and the location, so please be sure to check back frequently for status updates.